From the beginning, Amazon has focused on a key metric – how to get their existing customers to buy again and again.
That effort is now concentrated on Amazon Prime.
So ferocious is Amazon’s focus on repeat business, that in a few years all of Amazon will become Amazon Prime.
Here are six facts about Amazon’s juggernaut loyalty program.
- Amazon launched Prime in 2005 priced at $79 a year. Members received free 1 day shipping.
- In 2014, Amazon raised the price of Prime to $99 a year.
- Amazon Prime customers spend $1200 annually while their regular customers spend $700 annually.
- Amazon has 44 million Prime members.
- In 2014, Amazon increased it’s ad budget to $1.2 billion to attract more consumers to Amazon Prime.
- According to Channel Advisor, 82% of Prime members buy on Amazon even if the item is less expensive somewhere else.
So what can you do to setup a prime like system for yourself?
It’s not as hard as it may seem.
The first step is to implement a loyalty system.
RewardCamp can help you setup your own Amazon Prime.